Saturday 25 May 2013

Badminton Racket First Impressions: Yonex ArcSaber 11 Taufik Hidayat Limited Edition

Got a chance to give this racket a try during an hour's session that I have with this promising young lad. He's been improving nicely and I'm seeing his tactical awareness grow in addition to his stamina and speed.

All-in-all, I think once he gets a hang of throwing the occasional power play, I'll be in big trouble.

So on the courts today I took the opportunity to put the AS11TH to the test. My wrist was hurting a little from a few vigorous doubles sessions and this won't be a good judge, but I felt like the experience was worth mentioning.

First off, I will go and mention that racket performs admirably when you're looking for control. As characteristic of Yonex's ArcSaber series of rackets, the AS11TH felt good to swing around and to make shots with.

Most of the shots that I attempted sailed smoothly across the net and landed neatly where I had wanted the shuttle to go. This saved me a lot of effort in movement since I could calculate where to run as a result of my shots not wavering off course.

Net play with the ArcSaber 11 TH was remarkable. There was so much control that it became a staple of my games today. I found myself throwing in the fast drop so I could tempt the opponent into starting a tight net shot challenge.

Clears and smashes weren't the name of the game because of the injured wrist, so I won't comment on them here.

But from what I've felt, the Yonex ArcSaber 11 Taufik Hidayat Limited Edition gives me a great sense of confidence in my game.

I will write a full review after the wrist recovers and I'm able to do a more complete analysis.


No comments:

Post a Comment