Tuesday 16 July 2013

Badminton Shoe Review: Yonex SHB-01 Limited

My second pair of Yonex badminton shoes! And aren't these a beauty.. Couldn't resist the purple and green combo. 

When you can't play a very good game of badminton, at least you can make them look at your shoes in envy!

Note: This review is my opinion of the shoe from using it in my games. Take this with a pinch of salt since we all play the game differently. I'm here to tell you, in as much accuracy as I can, how the shoe feels and if it added to the game. Comments welcome!

Comfort
The SHB-01 is meant to wrap around your entire foot - top and bottom - so as to achieve a non-slip feel as you move around the court. The tight hold it has probably means it's not really suitable for those with broad feet. 

For those whom it serves, it will serve well. The shoes offer very good comfort as they hold firmly. Apart from the feet getting really warm over time (it's not got a lot of ventilation like the Mizunos), the Yonex SHB-01 really did offer a lot of comfort.

One thing I did feel, however, was the tongue cutting into my ankle as I ran around. This was rectified by making sure you pull it right up when you wear em. Prolonged use will also soften it up. 

Stability / Grip
The soles of the shoe look like they're of some mid / low end range. No more of the complex sole mechanics that came with my previous SHB-101LTD. This one's more of a two-piece, no nonsense make. Not that it doesn't get the job done, but you get the feel that Yonex was probably pulling your leg about the previous one. 

Those who are used to a broader shoe (I'm talking to the Li-Ning users out there), watch your step with these narrower tips. 

One the court
I constantly find myself looking down at the shoe to see how nice they were. Other than that I don't feel any need to worry about my footing.

The Yonex SHB-01 Limited gives a very good grip, with excellent stability and a nice firm hold on your foot. Non-slip, fast-paced.





No comments:

Post a Comment